CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Dad- My Hero is Sick REALLY SICK

Hello all, I just am needing to get my emotions out tonight and also let you all know what is going on with my Dad. As many of you know I am the biggest Daddy's girl ever, always have and always will be. I don't know what I would do without my Dad, he is so important in my life and he is always there for me and can always make me feel better!

He has been sick for about 2 months with a cold and a terrible cough. Well a week before Thanksgiving he was told he had bronchial pneumonia; so he was getting major antibiotic shots everyday and he just couldn't get rid of this thing. Well last week my parents were supposed to leave on Saturday for St. George for the winter and my Mom just had a feeling and told my Dad to just go get checked out one more time and get an X Ray of his chest. Well when he was being checked out he told the doctor that he kept feeling like his heart was racing and it had been doing that for a few weeks. The doctor listened and immediately made us take him to the ER. So he was diagnosed with an arterial flutter, meaning the top part of his heart is working way to hard thus causing his heart to beat at an incredible rate, it was beating at 164 beats per minute when it should be under 100 beats per minute. He has been on strict bed rest since last Friday, has to take Cumiden a blood thinner and Lovenox shots in his belly another blood thinner.

Well today around 2:30 he was in his room with my sister and Mom and he got up to go to the bathroom, walked across the room just fine and all of a sudden grabbed the wall, started rocking like he was having a seizure and fell backwards hitting his head on the TV stand and passed out. My sister called 911 and they came and took him to the hospital. I got the frantic call from my neighbor telling me what was going on so I flew out of work and made it home before they had taken him so I got to see him luckily.

We get to the hospital and they do a CT scan on his head where he is bleeding and has a huge bump, that turned out to be good. Had an X Ray on his knee, he ended up hyper extending that. Did a EKG on his heart, an Echo on his heart. And the doctors kept giving him medicine to slow his heart rate and even it out. The medicine would work for about 15 or so minutes and then his heart would race again. So they came and did the same thing but also did another drug to slow the heart, again it worked for a minute then his heart starts racing again.

He is in the hospital tonight, I just came home to change and stay here for a minute and then I will be heading back up it is 1am now. I am so scared, I am trying so hard to be strong in front of my family and my Dad but all I want to do is cry. So what I am asking is that everyone please keep my family in your daily prayers I appreciate it more than you will ever know.

I am so scared! I love my Dad and CANNOT lose him! I love you all and thank you for taking time to read this super long post.
I will keep you updated on what is going on with my Papa.
Love
Kristin

7 comments:

The Cooper's

Wow. I am so sorry Kristin. I have always admired the relationship that you have with your Dad. I know that you love him more than anything. He will be in my constant thoughts and prayers, as will you and your family. I love you girl and am always here for you. Please don't ever hesitate to call. Hang in there, he will pull through!

Laura

I'm really sorry to hear about your Dad. We will keep him and your family in our prayers.

KB

I am sad to here about your dad. I have been through those types of scares one too many times with my dad. It's ok to be scared, and to cry. If you keep it all in then you will eventually explode and be of no help to your family. I will definitely keep you and Karl in my prayers! Let me know if I can do anything! -Love you!

KB

Sorry, I can't spell. I meant to spell "hear".

Rachael

I love you Kris I am so sad to here this news. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Give your mom and sister a hug.

Ashley

Kris, I am soooo sorry to hear about your dad! It is such a hard thing to see someone you love so deeply go thru something like this! I have to agree with KB, if you hold it all in then eventually it will all come out in the wrong ways. It is alright to cry. It is alright to be sad. Your human and normal. Just know that we are all here for you. You will be in my prayers! I love you so much! I wish I could be up there! Please keep me updated! Hugs and Kisses!

Cassie

I am so sorry to hear the news. We will definitely keep Karl and your family in our prayers.

I wish that I could be there for you. Even if it's a lunch date with the girls or a crying session. I hope you know that I love you and hope that everything turns out okay.