CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

POSITIVE THINKING!!!!

I just wanted to write a little bit of the things and the feelings that I have been experiencing lately. I wanted everyone to know that it has been a very good holiday season and I am so grateful for my friends and my family. I honestly thought that I was going to have really have a hard time this Christmas as it is my first year of being alone, but I was very surprised at how well I did. I for sure thought that I was going to have to fake being happy for my family but the only time that I had a hard time and cried was on Christmas Eve, I mean I am not regretting my choice to leave Korey but sometimes it is just hard being alone. I do miss him and I just miss having someone. Just having someone at home with me, having someone next to me in the bed. Even when we were fighting it was still nice just to not go to sleep by myself; I have come to the conclusion that is the reason that I cannot sleep very well. I just hate sleeping alone.
Back to the point. Christmas this year was one of the best that I have ever had. The day was just nice, it was so great to spend it with my family and it was even nicer not to be fighting all day and having to fake it being around family. My parents as usual went way over the top. They put so much time and effort and thought into each persons gifts! They spent way too much money. I honestly don't know how I was so lucky to get them for parents. No matter what I have done, the mistakes that I have made and the numerous times that I have disappointed my parents they are always there for me to help me through my tough times and pick up the pieces of my life. Is love my parents so much and will never be able to pay them for everything that they have done for me.
With everything that has been happening in my life the last 7 months my appreciation and love for my savior has grown so much. My testimony is so rock solid that it makes me so sad that I even had a little baby thought of doubt. I know that Jesus Christ took on so much for me and my sins, and I will spend everyday for all of my life trying to live like him and be like him. I hope that when people think about me they don't think of the person that I used to be, or think about me as the girl who got divorced or of the numerous other trials that I have had in my life; rather I pray that people associate my name with someone who loved her Savior and tried to be a good person and a good member of the Church. Someone that Jesus Christ would be proud of. That is my New Year's Resolution. To be someone that my elder brother is proud of.

My hope and prayer for myself and everyone else is that 2009 is a better year than 2008. I know that it couldn't get anywhere as bad or as hard as last year was. I know that things are looking up already for me and that I am going to have the attitude and determination to make it a better year.

I want anyone that reads my blog to know that I love my Savior, that I have a true testimony of this gospel and I never want to have the light of Jesus Christ to leave my life. I am thankful for everything that I have been given, and as crazy as this sounds I am thankful for the trials in my life. They are not fun or easy to go through at the time but in looking back I am always thankful that I went through whatever Heavenly Father put in front of me. I always learn so much from my trials. I love this gospel with all of my being and I pray that I am able to be an example to someone in my life!

I love you all. Have a great Christmas season and an even better NEW YEAR!!!!
Kristin McCleary

3 comments:

Brad

This was a good post, my friend. Keep it up! :)

Beyond the Secret

In Theatre Event One Time Only- BEYOND THE SECRET
In threatre event with the Stars from THE SECRET on January 15, 2009
Tickets on sale now go to
www.beyondthesecret.tv
for more information now.

...............................................................................
In Theatre Event One Time Only- BEYOND THE SECRET

The Burnetts

Great Post! Good stuff!